No one was prepared for the events that occured on 9/11. The events of that day made us all realize that we can't predict with a disaster may strike. In the Nashville area, natural disasters such as a tornado, winter storms or flooding may strike. If a disaster strikes, whether it's natural or man-made, having a basic emergency supply kit will help ensure your safety as well as those you love. Murfreesboro TN home owners are fortunate to live in an area where local officials and relief workers are trained to arrive on emergency scenes quickly. However, in states of emergency they may not be able to reach you immediately.
If the unpredictable happens, are YOU ready to survive on your own? Everyone should be prepared with an Emergency Survival Kit! This will allow you to survive for at least three days if help is delayed in getting to you. The following suggested emergency kits will keep YOU and YOUR family safe if an emergency strikes!
Basic Emergency Supply Kit:
- WATER - 1 gallon per person per day for at least 3 days
- FOOD at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- RADIO - Hand-crank or Battery-powered
- EXTRA BATTERIES - for radio & flashlight
- WHISTLE - This is to signal for help if trapped
- FIRST AID KIT - Available at stores or make your own
- PLASTIC SHEETING & DUCT TAPE - Filter Contaminated Air
- DUST MASK
- GARBAGE BAGS - Moist towlettes for personal sanitation
- PLIERS - May be needed to turn off utilities
- CAN OPENER - Needed if your non-perishable food is canned
- CELL PHONE - With battery or solar charger
Extra Items You May Want To Add:
- INFANT FORMULA & Diapers
- PRESCRIOTION Drugs
- READING GLASSES
- PET FOOD
- FAMILY DOCS - ID, bank records, etc. in waterproof bag
- FIRST AID BOOK
- SLEEPING BAGS & BLANKETS
- CHANGE OF CLOTHING
- CHLORINE BLEACH - 16 DROPS per gallon treats water
- MATCHES - In waterproof bag
- FEMININE SUPPLIES
- MESS KITS - or paper plates, cups, utensils, paper towels
- PAPER & PENCILS
- GAMES or BOOKS - Especially if you have children
Hopefully, we will never need to use these items. But, it is always wise to be prepared!
If you are thinking about selling your Murfreesboro TN home, please give me a call today at 615-566-3789!